- Wall Street is gaining following positive ADP and JOLTS data, indicating a strong job market. The US500 is up nearly 1.0%, approaching 4230 points, while the US100 is up 1.30%, nearing 14500 points.
- On Thursday, we received good employment data, with the ADP report showing a private payroll increase of 278,000 compared to a rise of 291,000 in April, surpassing expectations of just 180,000. However, on the other hand, Challenger data suggests increasing pressure for job reductions, as planned job cuts in the US reached 80,090 in May, compared to 66,990 the previous month.
- Today's PMI and ISM indicators from the US were slightly below expectations, but their release prompted a rise in US stock indexes.
- Tomorrow, the NFP report will be published at 14:30, which is expected to contribute to market volatility.
- ECB President Christine Lagarde stated today that inflation in the Eurozone is still too high and further monetary policy tightening will be necessary, leading to a strengthening of the EUR. The exchange rate of the major currency pair has surged above the 1.07 USD level, with a bullish engulfing pattern forming on the D1 timeframe.
- Among the G10 currencies, the best-performing was the Australian dollar, which gained over 1.2% against the USD. The AUDUSD currency pair broke through the key resistance zone of 0.6560-0.6570, indicating a potential change in short-term sentiment to bullish.
- Precious metals performed well on Thursday, possibly due to the weakness of the dollar. Gold managed to test resistance around $1982, while silver is approaching the $24 level.
- Crude oil had a solid session, with OIL prices rising by nearly 4%, and OIL.WTI experiencing a 4.5% increase, despite unfavorable inventory data showing a buildup in stock levels. The rise in oil prices may be attributed to speculation that OPEC+ will maintain its production target unchanged at the upcoming meeting on June 4. OIL.WTI prices reached a horizontal resistance zone at $70.85.
- In the cryptocurrency market, mixed sentiment is observed. Bitcoin initially experienced a decline overnight but later saw a reversal. In the evening hours, the price hovers around $27,000, representing a 0.5% decrease for the day.
AUDUSD, D1 interval, Source: xStation5
The content of this report has been created by XTB S.A., with its registered office in Warsaw, at Prosta 67, 00-838 Warsaw, Poland, (KRS number 0000217580) and supervised by Polish Supervision Authority ( No. DDM-M-4021-57-1/2005). This material is a marketing communication within the meaning of Art. 24 (3) of Directive 2014/65/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 15 May 2014 on markets in financial instruments and amending Directive 2002/92/EC and Directive 2011/61/EU (MiFID II). Marketing communication is not an investment recommendation or information recommending or suggesting an investment strategy within the meaning of Regulation (EU) No 596/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 16 April 2014 on market abuse (market abuse regulation) and repealing Directive 2003/6/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council and Commission Directives 2003/124/EC, 2003/125/EC and 2004/72/EC and Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2016/958 of 9 March 2016 supplementing Regulation (EU) No 596/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council with regard to regulatory technical standards for the technical arrangements for objective presentation of investment recommendations or other information recommending or suggesting an investment strategy and for disclosure of particular interests or indications of conflicts of interest or any other advice, including in the area of investment advisory, within the meaning of the Trading in Financial Instruments Act of 29 July 2005 (i.e. Journal of Laws 2019, item 875, as amended). The marketing communication is prepared with the highest diligence, objectivity, presents the facts known to the author on the date of preparation and is devoid of any evaluation elements. The marketing communication is prepared without considering the client’s needs, his individual financial situation and does not present any investment strategy in any way. The marketing communication does not constitute an offer of sale, offering, subscription, invitation to purchase, advertisement or promotion of any financial instruments. XTB S.A. is not liable for any client’s actions or omissions, in particular for the acquisition or disposal of financial instruments, undertaken on the basis of the information contained in this marketing communication. In the event that the marketing communication contains any information about any results regarding the financial instruments indicated therein, these do not constitute any guarantee or forecast regarding the future results.