- Electric automaker reported better than expected revenue at $364 million versus $337.5 million expected
- Adjusted loss per share was $1.62 versus $1.63 expected
- Net loss for the quarter was about $1.7 billion
- The company said that it has bout 98k net preorders for its R1-series truck and SUV as of end of Q2 (in May it was 90k)
- The company confirmed that it sill expects to make about 25k vehicles this year, in line with guidance provided in March
- Rivian said that it delivered nearly 4.5k vehicles during the second quarter
- However, the company said adjusted loss before income, taxes, depreciation, and amortization will come in at $5.4 billion which is higher than $4.75 billion expected in May
- On the other hand, Rivian expects to lower capital expenditures to $2 billion from $2.6 billion that was guided in May
- Automaker said also that problems with delayed production is linked to supply-chain disruptions and also higher raw material costs
- CEO said in a letter to shareholders that the company couldn’t run a full single shift because of component supply shortage.
- It is worth to remember that company is heavy backed by giant Amazon (AMZN.US)
- The company said that it sill has more than $15 billion in cash to finance its operations, which should be mainly used to finance new manufacturing plant in Georgia
Rivian (RIVN.US) more than doubled from the bottom in May, but looking at chart we can notice that momentum is not very strong. The possible next target for bulls should be seen close to 23.6 Fibo retracement at $58 per share. On the other hand, the nearest support zone can be spotted around $29-30 per share. Source: xStation5
The content of this report has been created by XTB S.A., with its registered office in Warsaw, at Prosta 67, 00-838 Warsaw, Poland, (KRS number 0000217580) and supervised by Polish Supervision Authority ( No. DDM-M-4021-57-1/2005). This material is a marketing communication within the meaning of Art. 24 (3) of Directive 2014/65/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 15 May 2014 on markets in financial instruments and amending Directive 2002/92/EC and Directive 2011/61/EU (MiFID II). Marketing communication is not an investment recommendation or information recommending or suggesting an investment strategy within the meaning of Regulation (EU) No 596/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 16 April 2014 on market abuse (market abuse regulation) and repealing Directive 2003/6/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council and Commission Directives 2003/124/EC, 2003/125/EC and 2004/72/EC and Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2016/958 of 9 March 2016 supplementing Regulation (EU) No 596/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council with regard to regulatory technical standards for the technical arrangements for objective presentation of investment recommendations or other information recommending or suggesting an investment strategy and for disclosure of particular interests or indications of conflicts of interest or any other advice, including in the area of investment advisory, within the meaning of the Trading in Financial Instruments Act of 29 July 2005 (i.e. Journal of Laws 2019, item 875, as amended). The marketing communication is prepared with the highest diligence, objectivity, presents the facts known to the author on the date of preparation and is devoid of any evaluation elements. The marketing communication is prepared without considering the client’s needs, his individual financial situation and does not present any investment strategy in any way. The marketing communication does not constitute an offer of sale, offering, subscription, invitation to purchase, advertisement or promotion of any financial instruments. XTB S.A. is not liable for any client’s actions or omissions, in particular for the acquisition or disposal of financial instruments, undertaken on the basis of the information contained in this marketing communication. In the event that the marketing communication contains any information about any results regarding the financial instruments indicated therein, these do not constitute any guarantee or forecast regarding the future results.