- Pandemic situation is not improving at all with almost a million new cases being reported over the weekend. Several European countries registered new record numbers in terms of cases within the last few days. Many governments are planning to implement additional restrictions to curb soaring numbers of new coronavirus infections.
- UK reported 12,872 new cases on Sunday and has officially registered 42,825 deaths. Government will impose a three-tiered system of further restrictions which will include shutting bars, gyms, casinos and bookmakers in some areas placed into the "very high" alert level, probably across the north of England, British media reported.
- France registered record number of 26,896 new cases on Saturday. French Prime Minister Jean Castex said on Monday he did not rule out local lockdowns in France due to a resurgence of new coronavirus infections.
- Italy reported 5456 new infections yesterday. Country is preparing new nationwide restrictions in response to a spike in new coronavirus cases, Health Minister Roberto Speranza said on Sunday, including a proposed ban on private parties, involving both children and adults, while Rome would also target hours for bars and restaurants to reduce people's contagion risks.
- Brazil registered 559 additional coronavirus deaths over the last 24 hours and 26,749 new cases, the Health Ministry said on Saturday. It has now registered 5,082,637 total confirmed cases and 150,198 total deaths.
- India's coronavirus caseload reached 7.12 million on Monday, with 66,732 new infections reported in the last 24 hours, the health ministry said.
- The Netherlands reported a new record number of 6499 new daily coronavirus cases on Saturday. The government has warned that new restrictions will have to be imposed across the country, if the number of infections and hospital admissions does not drop.
- New cases of COVID-19 in the US hit a two-month high on Friday with over 58,000 infections of the new coronavirus reported and hospitalizations in the Midwest at record levels for a fifth day in a row, according to a Reuters analysis.
- Russia's coronavirus cases rose by 12,846 on Saturday, a new daily record since the start of the pandemic, pushing the overall total number of infections to 1,285,084.
The pandemic continues to rage in parts of the U.S., hot spots in Europe and across big emerging economies including India and Brazil. Source: Financial Times
This content has been created by X-Trade Brokers Dom Maklerski S.A. This service is provided by X-Trade Brokers Dom Maklerski S.A. (X-Trade Brokers Brokerage House joint-stock company), with its registered office in Warsaw, at Ogrodowa 58, 00-876 Warsaw, Poland, entered in the register of entrepreneurs of the National Court Register (Krajowy Rejestr Sądowy) conducted by District Court for the Capital City of Warsaw, XII Commercial Division of the National Court Register under KRS number 0000217580, REGON number 015803782 and Tax Identification Number (NIP) 527-24-43-955, with the fully paid up share capital in the amount of PLN 5.869.181,75. X-Trade Brokers Dom Maklerski S.A. conducts brokerage activities on the basis of the license granted by Polish Securities and Exchange Commission on 8th November 2005 No. DDM-M-4021-57-1/2005 and is supervised by Polish Supervision Authority.