- European markets set for lower opening
- Fed rate decision at 6:00 pm GMT
- DOE report on oil inventories
European futures markets point to a slightly lower opening of the cash session on the Old Continent today. Moves are rather limited as traders are bracing themselves for a highly anticipated FED meeting. The US central bank will announce monetary policy decisions at 6:00 pm GMT, followed by the press conference of Chair Powell at 6:30 pm GMT. Easing inflationary pressures and recent banking turmoil bolstered expectations that the Fed will adopt a more cautious policy approach. Markets are now pricing in about a 14% chance of the central bank not raising rates, with a roughly 86% chance of a 25 bps hike. A new set of forecasts as well as dot-chart will show where central bankers see the US economy in the near-term, while investors will watch for dovish hints from Powell. Apart from Fed, DOE oil inventories data at 3:30 pm GMT may trigger some volatility on the oil market. Also several ECB members, including President Christine Lagarde, are scheduled to deliver speeches.
11:00 am GMT - US, MBA 30-Year Mortgage Rate. Previous: 6.71%
Start investing today or test a free demoOpen real account Try demo Download mobile app Download mobile app
2:30 pm GMT - DOE report on oil inventories.
• Oil inventories. Expected: -1.565 mb (API: +3.262 mb)
• Gasoline inventories. Expected: -1.677 mb (API: -1.09 mb)
• Distillate inventories. Expected: -1.5 mb (API: -1.84 mb)
6:00 pm GMT - FOMC rate decision
6:30 pm GMT - Powell conference
Central bankers' speeches
• 8:45 am BST - ECB President Lagarde
• 9:30 am BST - ECB Lane
• 1:45 pm BST - ECB Panetta
• 5:00 pm BST - ECB Nagel
This content has been created by XTB S.A. This service is provided by XTB S.A., with its registered office in Warsaw, at Prosta 67, 00-838 Warsaw, Poland, entered in the register of entrepreneurs of the National Court Register (Krajowy Rejestr Sądowy) conducted by District Court for the Capital City of Warsaw, XII Commercial Division of the National Court Register under KRS number 0000217580, REGON number 015803782 and Tax Identification Number (NIP) 527-24-43-955, with the fully paid up share capital in the amount of PLN 5.869.181,75. XTB S.A. conducts brokerage activities on the basis of the license granted by Polish Securities and Exchange Commission on 8th November 2005 No. DDM-M-4021-57-1/2005 and is supervised by Polish Supervision Authority.