The first week of May starts with holidays in China and Japan that will extend to Wednesday and Thursday respectively. However, we’ll have important data releases across the whole week, starting with the US ISM today and ending with the US NFP on Friday. Both reports will be important as traders will look into potential pressure on the Fed to taper sooner than they would like to.
- German March retail sales already behind us – stunning +11% y/y (-0.3% expected!)
- Final industrial PMIs in Europe (9am BST for the EMU), Canada (2:30pm) and US (2:45pm)
- US ISM manufacturing (3pm, consensus 65, previous 64.7) – investors will look especially at the price component that was at stunning 85.6 in March
- Fed speeches: NY Williams (7:10pm) and Powell (7:20pm)
Key events this week:
- Tuesday: RBA decision
- Wednesday: ADP report, ISM services
- Thursday: BoE decision (look for a possible taper discussion)
- Friday: NFP report, Canadian payrolls
Any inflation fears should be reflected in bond prices and this will be important for Gold.
This content has been created by X-Trade Brokers Dom Maklerski S.A. This service is provided by X-Trade Brokers Dom Maklerski S.A. (X-Trade Brokers Brokerage House joint-stock company), with its registered office in Warsaw, at Ogrodowa 58, 00-876 Warsaw, Poland, entered in the register of entrepreneurs of the National Court Register (Krajowy Rejestr Sądowy) conducted by District Court for the Capital City of Warsaw, XII Commercial Division of the National Court Register under KRS number 0000217580, REGON number 015803782 and Tax Identification Number (NIP) 527-24-43-955, with the fully paid up share capital in the amount of PLN 5.869.181,75. X-Trade Brokers Dom Maklerski S.A. conducts brokerage activities on the basis of the license granted by Polish Securities and Exchange Commission on 8th November 2005 No. DDM-M-4021-57-1/2005 and is supervised by Polish Supervision Authority.