- Friday brought a small correction on Wall Street with S&P500 (US500) down 0.72%, Nasdaq100 (US100) down 0.78% and Russell2000 (US2000) down 1.26%. Still Wall Street closed amazing April with respective gains of 5.24%, 5.88% and 2.07%
- We have a mixed start to trading in May. While there were holidays in China and Japan, Chinese stocks traded in Hong Kong (CHNComp) tanked again on anti-monopoly actions and worries of less stimulus and traded around 2021 lows.
- DE30 had weaker April than Wall Street and futures point to flat opening today.
- Warren Buffet said at the annual shareholders meeting that the economy was running “red hot” and that is likely to produce higher inflation.
- This contradicted with statements from Janet Yellen who said Biden’s plans will not lead to higher inflation.
- Speaking of Yellen, Treasury should announce funding plans for the second quarter today.
- Iran said a deal with the US was close but the US side denied. Oil prices are slightly down today.
- Cryptocurrencies are gaining, Ethereum smashed the $3000 barrier for the first time.
Wild rally? Not in China, CHNComp is trading close to 2021 lows.
This content has been created by X-Trade Brokers Dom Maklerski S.A. This service is provided by X-Trade Brokers Dom Maklerski S.A. (X-Trade Brokers Brokerage House joint-stock company), with its registered office in Warsaw, at Ogrodowa 58, 00-876 Warsaw, Poland, entered in the register of entrepreneurs of the National Court Register (Krajowy Rejestr Sądowy) conducted by District Court for the Capital City of Warsaw, XII Commercial Division of the National Court Register under KRS number 0000217580, REGON number 015803782 and Tax Identification Number (NIP) 527-24-43-955, with the fully paid up share capital in the amount of PLN 5.869.181,75. X-Trade Brokers Dom Maklerski S.A. conducts brokerage activities on the basis of the license granted by Polish Securities and Exchange Commission on 8th November 2005 No. DDM-M-4021-57-1/2005 and is supervised by Polish Supervision Authority.