Today, the International Monetary Fund released a new growth outlook for the world and key economies. Below we present key highlights:
- Growth unchanged next year at 4.9%
- Growth for 2021 at the level of 5.9% compared to the previous forecast of 6.0% - reduction due to supply problems
- US growth lowered by 1% for 2021, for Germany by 0.5% and for Japan by 0.4%
- In China, the recovery projection slashed to 8.0% from 8.1% due to decline in public investment
- The key risk factors are still the coronavirus, rising price pressure, supply and demand mismatches,.
- Price pressure may lead to faster normalization of monetary policy, tighter financial conditions, which may reduce recovery in emerging economies
Slower growth in the US and other key economies this year could be an important factor. High pressure and economic slowdown may cause stagflation. At the moment, however, the markets see no problems and we are seeing a rebound on the US500. Source: xStation5
This content has been created by X-Trade Brokers Dom Maklerski S.A. This service is provided by X-Trade Brokers Dom Maklerski S.A. (X-Trade Brokers Brokerage House joint-stock company), with its registered office in Warsaw, at Ogrodowa 58, 00-876 Warsaw, Poland, entered in the register of entrepreneurs of the National Court Register (Krajowy Rejestr Sądowy) conducted by District Court for the Capital City of Warsaw, XII Commercial Division of the National Court Register under KRS number 0000217580, REGON number 015803782 and Tax Identification Number (NIP) 527-24-43-955, with the fully paid up share capital in the amount of PLN 5.869.181,75. X-Trade Brokers Dom Maklerski S.A. conducts brokerage activities on the basis of the license granted by Polish Securities and Exchange Commission on 8th November 2005 No. DDM-M-4021-57-1/2005 and is supervised by Polish Supervision Authority.