Darden Restaurants (DRI.US) stock erased premarket gains and is currently trading nearly 2.0% lower despite the company posted upbeat figures for the fourth quarter as sales improved, mainly thanks to the return of its fine-dining business.
- The owner of Olive Garden and other restaurant chains earned $2.24 a share, topping analysts’ estimates of $2.21 a share. Revenue of $2.6 billion also came in above Wall Street estimates of $2.54 billion.
- For the current fiscal year, the company expects diluted net earnings per share in the region of $7.40 to $8, compared to the consensus EPS estimate of $8.15, however sales growth in same-restaurant may fall from 11.7% to 6%.
- Darden issued a revenue outlook of $10.20 billion-$10.40 billion, compared to market projections of $10.22 billion.
- Company increased its quarterly dividend by 10% and authorized a new $1 billion share repurchase program.
- “By adhering to our strategy, and pricing below inflation, we ended the year with significantly better margins than pre-COVID,” said Darden CFO Raj Vennam.
- Several analysts believe that company sales may increase in the future, however margins may take a huge hit due to surging inflation and slowing customer demand.
Darden Restaurants (DRI.US) stock has been trading in a downtrend in recent months, however price found support around $111.30 level which coincides with lower limit of the triangle structure and 38.2% Fibonacci retracement of the upward wave launched in March 2020. As long as price sits above this level, another upward impulse may be launched. Source: xStation5
Start investing today or test a free demoOpen real account Try demo Download mobile app Download mobile app
This content has been created by XTB S.A. This service is provided by XTB S.A., with its registered office in Warsaw, at Prosta 67, 00-838 Warsaw, Poland, entered in the register of entrepreneurs of the National Court Register (Krajowy Rejestr Sądowy) conducted by District Court for the Capital City of Warsaw, XIII Commercial Division of the National Court Register under KRS number 0000217580, REGON number 015803782 and Tax Identification Number (NIP) 527-24-43-955, with the fully paid up share capital in the amount of PLN 5.869.181,75. XTB S.A. conducts brokerage activities on the basis of the license granted by Polish Securities and Exchange Commission on 8th November 2005 No. DDM-M-4021-57-1/2005 and is supervised by Polish Supervision Authority.