• US remain the epicenter of the disease with over 1.74 million cases. Brazil is now the second worst-hit country, with over 414 000 registered cases.
Over 116 thousand new cases were reported yesterday. This is the highest daily count since the pandemic started. Meanwhile 7-day average which currently stands at 101 196. Source: Worldometers
• Brazil reported a daily record of 26,417 new coronavirus cases on Thursday, according to the Health Ministry.
• On Wednesday, Mexico reported a record number of new daily infections, 3,463. Without widespread testing, the government cannot accurately forecast when the virus will peak, said Jose Narro, Mexico's health minister from 2016 to 2018. Meanwhile , deputy health minister Hugo Lopez-Gatell said on Tuesday, that transmissions should start easing in Mexico City, the main hotspot, next week.
• The US is the country with more deaths caused by the virus with over 100 thousand, followed by the UK, Italy, France and Spain.
• Deaths from the COVID-19 epidemic in Italy climbed by 70 on Thursday, against 117 the day before, the Civil Protection Agency said, while the daily tally of new cases edged up to 593 from 584 on Wednesday.
• Spain's Health Ministry said recorded deaths from the coronavirus reached 27,119 on Thursday, rising by just one for the second day in a row as authorities fine-tune a new methodology for logging cases and deaths. Just 38 deaths were reported over the last seven days, while a total of 237,906 diagnosed cases have been detected since the beginning of the outbreak, the ministry's figures showed. The government has warned the data may fluctuate in coming days as it adjusts to the new methodology.
Daily death rate is still accelerating in Latin American countries. Meanwhile mortality rate seems to stabilize in Europe.Source: Financial Times